The Westly Foundation is offering funding to students with projects and innovative ideas related to a broad range of categories. They offer prizes up to $40,000 for young social innovators with novel solutions to California’s challenges in fields including Arts, Civic Engagement, Criminal Justice, Education, Energy, Environment, Food Production/Distribution, Health, Safety, Technology/Tech for Good, Transportation, and Youth Development.
This is a great opportunity for students who believe their innovative ideas can make a social difference and change lives.
The deadline for the application is October 15th.
You can either apply as an individual or up to a team of four. 50% of your team has to meet the eligibility requirements below:
- Age: Under age 28 as of December 31, 2019 (born after December 31, 1991)
- Residence: Live, work, or attend school in California, or come from California and attend school elsewhere
- Role: Creator/founder or co-creator/founder
- Geographic scope of innovation: Any
- Issue Focus: Any, so long as the innovation addresses a community challenge and is grounded in a strong social purpose
- Stage of organization: Early-stage, but must have a working prototype
- Form of organization: Any, so long as social purpose is central
This is the link to the prize webpage: https://westly.org/westly-prize/#tab-194d7c30-2d25-5
The Westly Foundation is an organization initiatives, ideas and programs that enrich the lives of at-risk children in California.